UofL has launched an expansion of our telehealth program to improve patient access while maintaining social distancing during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
UofL Health – Telehealth is available to established and qualifying new patients by calling our primary care access line: 502-588-4343. A scheduling specialist will help determine whether a telehealth or in-person visit best serves the need of the patient.
The telehealth appointment is similar to an in-person appointment with a provider. During the visit, the patient will talk about his/her current health concerns and learn what to do.
- The visit can take place from a location that is most convenient and comfortable for the patient.
- As a provider, you will use a video-based application to speak with the patient by phone, tablet or computer.
- Our telemedicine platform is secure and HIPAA compliant.
- The patient’s photo and voice will not be recorded or stored.
- The patient’s privacy and rights will be respected and ensured.
If it is determined that a telehealth appointment is appropriate, the scheduler will provide further instructions to the patient on downloading the application, verifying an email address, and confirming that there is a compatible device available (desktop, laptop, phone or tablet) with a webcam or built-in camera. When it is time for the appointment to begin, the patient will click on a link to be connected with the provider.
Through UofL Health – Telehealth, our providers can provide an initial assessment of symptoms related to COVID-19, plus treat common conditions like colds and flu, sore throats, rashes, allergies, bladder infections and more. Providers may prescribe medication, if appropriate, recommend over-the-counter medication or provide home care options. If needed, the provider may refer patients to an appropriate UofL Physicians – Primary Care location, specialist or to an emergency department.