We are thankful for all our health care heroes. Here’s a summary of shout outs featured in the Daily Updates from June 4-10, plus our favorite video from the past week:
Thank you to these and ALL of our awesome UofL Health team members who are doing extraordinary things during this time of crisis:
- I would like to give a shout out to Cindy Lucchese who has been my personal go-to for all things COVID-19, especially related to our surgery patients and testing. Cindy always responds promptly to my phone calls and emails, and when she doesn’t know an answer, she will find out and let me know immediately. She is a true hero in my book and I’m very thankful to have someone like Cindy on our UofL Health team!
- I wanted to give a huge shout out to several employees here on the Jewish campus. I had a very emotional conversation with a family member this morning regarding the care his father is receiving here on 7 Towers. We became a COVID-19 overflow unit last week with the influx of patients from a local nursing home. When this family member found out his father was sent here to Jewish, he was not happy. The family has had a negative experience in the past here and requested that the nursing home not send his father here. He stated after the care his father is receiving here and the compassion the nursing staff is showing both his father and the rest of the family we have changed his opinion regarding Jewish and this will be his go-to hospital in the future. He specifically mentioned Kim Chandler, RN saying she was always extremely compassionate and caring and brought him to tears on the phone knowing this father was receiving excellent care. He also mentioned Kayla Abner and Tara Karki saying they always had time to answer the phone, never rushed him and took the time to answer all the questions he had. He also mentioned Dr. Val and the amazing work she is doing keeping him informed. He said if we lost her the organization would suffer greatly. I, too, am so proud of this team. They have stepped up during this time to make sure the patients and family are receiving the best care possible and keeping everyone informed of the day-to-day plans.
- I am writing to recognize Courtney, Deb and Tom in education at UofL Health – Peace Hospital. During COVID-19, I have been able to work in the education department and have been so impressed with the level of excellence present in this team. They have had to significantly change the way they do orientation for our new hires and they have adapted to these changes without missing a beat. They remain positive and committed to providing a meaningful, productive orientation to all of our new hires. We are lucky to have them at Peace Hospital!
- A huge shout out to the most amazing nurses, secretaries and aides that have worked Mary & Elizabeth Hospital COVID-19 unit. This orthopedic staff quickly adapted to the critical care of the COVID-19 patients and have led this floor with incredible team work. Dr. Morgan has been nothing but, amazing on our COVID-19 unit and we can’t thank him for enough for everything he has done for this unit to run so perfectly!
- I would like to give a huge shout out to Amanda Hall. She has been an essential part of our COVID-19 testing team in all aspects. She is always willing to help where ever and whenever she is needed. She has taken initiative in learning all job responsibilities involved at the testing site. She is able to jump in and help anywhere she is needed. Thank you Amanda for being a great team player! We all love you!
- I want to give a huge shout out to Dominique Bibbs who has been working the COVID-19 drive-thru site since March. Dominique is one of the most hard-working, dedicated, compassionate people that I have had the opportunity to work with. She is always eager and willing to help others, no matter what. She is the true definition of a team player! Thank you for working so hard each and every day, and know that I am so proud of you!
- I would like to give a shout out to the UofL Physicians – OB/GYN sonographers and recognize the dedication they have shown to their patients, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- I would like to express my appreciation for Martha Mather CAO, Aundrea Lewis CNO and Sherri Boggs COO- all at UofL Health – Peace Hospital. They have provided support and guidance for change initiatives in order to ensure the safety of team members and patients. During the current health crisis and frequent changes related to COVID-19, their strong and supportive leadership has been our constant stabilizer within the facility. We are blessed to have them as our executive leaders. They truly care for the well-being of our teams and those we care for at Peace Hospital.
Are you seeing co-workers turn into health care heroes during this time of crisis? Give them a “shout out” so we can all recognize their extraordinary actions. Simply email Marketing@UofLHealth.org with their name, department and how they are making a difference. Be sure to note “Shout Out” in the subject line.