UofL Health – Medical Center South celebrated its new name with a ribbon-cutting event with the Bullitt County Chamber of Commerce Feb. 27 at the facility. Participating in the ceremony were Tom Miller, president & CEO of UofL Health; Jerry Summers, Bullitt County Judge Executive; Dorie Shelburne, vice president of ambulatory operations, UofL Health; Dr. Mohana Arla, Bullitt County physician; Sherry Gentry, Bullitt County Chamber of Commerce president; and Anita Stump, Bullitt County Chamber of Commerce executive director. Along with Chamber members, the event was attended by local government officials, UofL Physicians and employees of the health care facility.
Originally opened in 2006, Medical Center South provides comprehensive outpatient care including:
- Outpatient surgery
- Endoscopy services
- 24/7 Emergency department
- Cardiopulmonary services including a chest pain observation center
- Advanced diagnostic medical imaging including:
- Nuclear Medicine
- 3D mammography (starting mid-March)
- Bone densitometry
- Frazier Rehab Institute outpatient care facility
- Medical office building featuring primary care and specialty physicians
For more information on the services provided at UofL Health – Medical Center South, call 502-955-3000. For a primary care appointment, call 502-588-4343.