Happy Nurses Week to the incredible, hard working nurses at UofL Health! Please enjoy the week of celebration in your honor! Nurses Week is May 6-12.
Each facility may be having special events just for their team members. Check out your facility’s or clinic’s section, or ask your leadership for more information.
UofL Hospital and Brown Cancer Center
- Thursday, May 6: Ice Cream Rounding Carts
- Friday, May 7: Food Truck Friday
- Saturday, May 8: Popcorn distribution to staff
- Monday, May 10: Little Debbie Welcome Event from 5:30-8 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 11: Tea and lemonade cart to staff
- Wednesday, May 12: Team DAISY, Preceptor of the Year, Coffee and Chat, Canned food drive winner announcement
Throughout the week until May 11 we have partnered with Kentucky Harvest in “Nurses Give Back” canned food drive. Drop off locations are in departments/ units.
We are also placing posters on the units for staff to write hope and inspirational words for 2021.
Jewish Hospital and Frazier Rehabilitation Institute
- Thursday, May 6: Self-care/Professional Development Day
- Raffle spa services/gifts
- Professional development booth, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. (lobby by cafeteria)
- Blessing of the Hands (will go to units until 10 p.m.)
- Professional photographer to take headshots 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. (Great Halls)
- Friday, May 7: Sweet Treat Day
- Round with treats for staff noon-2 p.m. and 9-11 p.m.
- Raffle gifts
- Distribute Nurses Week gifts
- Distribute Papa John’s certificates to all staff
- Monday, May 10: Team Pride Day
- Spirit/Unit photos
- DAISY box decorating contest
- Raffle gifts
- Preceptor of the Year 11 a.m. (Zoom option)
- Outdoor games on 7th floor patio 2-6 p.m.
- Wear green for Mental Health Awareness Month
- Tuesday, May 11: Community Day
- Food drive with Kentucky Harvest
- Raffle tickets to local events
- Ice Cream Day
- Super Hero Day
- Wednesday, May 12: Recognition Day 9-11 a.m.
- Awards for infection outcomes (on units)
- Rehang DAISY/BEE wall-ribbon cutting
- COVID remembrance (on units)
- Judging/award winner of DAISY box contest (lobby by cafeteria)
Mary & Elizabeth Hospital
- The past year has been especially difficult, and we want to recognize each and every one of you for your contributions. During Nurses Week, nurses can expect various acts and items of appreciation, as well as snacks and goodies, fun activities, raffles and giveaways, and DAISY and BEE Award activities.